Preserving history

27 February 2008

JCB excavators were chosen to carry out the sensitive demolition of part ofan eighteenth century German monastery that will see the remaining section given a new lease of life. The one-tonne JCB Micro excavator and two 22 tonne JS220s were used to part demolish the Monastery of St Anna in Munich. The Micro was used to gut 6000 m2 of the monastery before the JS machines completed the heavy demolition work. The flattened part of the monastery will be replaced by 33 luxury apartments in a deal that will see the developer funding essential renovation works on the remaining section.

MAGAZINE
NEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox, Construction Europe Newsletter features the pick of the breaking news stories, product launches, show reports and more from KHL's world-class editorial team.
More News from Construction Europe
Loxam accelerates environmental shift
Equipment rental company aims to halve direct emissions by 2030 and cut indirect emissions by 30%
Construction starts on Milan’s renewable offices
New CityWave building will put ‘quality of life’ first and aims to have a “positive impact” on the environment
New HBOX+ lighting tower from Himoinsa
HBOX+ is designed for efficiency, connected remote control, safety and easy transport
CONNECT WITH THE TEAM
Mike Hayes Editor, Construction Europe Tel: +44 (0)1892 786 231 E-mail: mike.hayes@khl.com
Simon Kelly Sales Manager Tel: +44 (0) 1892 786 223 E-mail: simon.kelly@khl.com
CONNECT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA